There are many suburbs around Selangor which are located close to the heart of Kuala Lumpur, the federal capital of Malaysia. This includes the likes of Sunway, Puchong and Subang Jaya, among others. What makes these suburbs so popular is their location as well as being the heart of a lot of services like education and entertainment.
Subang Jaya Location Facts
Facts about Subang Jaya
- Currency: MYR (Malaysian Ringgit)
- Dialling code: Subang Jaya is part of the Selangor state which means it uses the +603 prefix for fixed lines.
- Airport: Subang Jaya is home to the Subang International Airport. Besides that, it is easily accessible to the KLIA and klia2 International Airports as well.
- Airport Tax: applies for both domestic and international flights
- Distance from airport to city centre: Subang Jaya town centre is only about 10 minutes away from Subang International Airport. To reach here from KLIA or klia2, it will take about 40 minutes to reach any of the 2 airports.
- Temperature: Subang Jaya experiences annual temperature between 25 and 36 degrees Celsius each year.
- Climate and Weather: Tropical with high humidity
- Common languages: Bahasa Malaysia, English Language, Chinese and Tamil
Transportation in Subang Jaya
You can easily hitch a taxi from Subang airport to the town centre from as low as RM15 per ride. It would be cheaper to use Grab or Uber services. From KLIA and klia2 however, you can take an airport limo from RM90 per ride.
Highlights around Subang Jaya
There are quite a lot of things to see around Subang Jaya. Among those include:
- Sunway Lagoon Resort – This is one of the most popular water-theme parks in Malaysia. A great place for the young ones and family members too.
- Subang Ria Park – This is a great public park where you will can get close to nature. There is a largest paintball park in the country here as well as a Crocodile file restaurant too.
- USJ Taipan – From food to shopping, lifestyle cafes to supermarkets, you can find it around here
- Go-Kart – A popular spot for those who like this sport.
- Faber-Castell Malaysia Headquarters – You will notice the largest pencil in the world here.
- Proton Centre of Excellence – The showroom to see one of the proudest achievements of the country in the automotive industry here.
- the Sultan Salahuddin Abdul Aziz Shah Mosque – Largest mosque in Subang Jaya
- Sports – A few places you can go including the 3K Sports Complex, the MPSJ Sports Complex, De Stadium, Ferro Futsal and Ritz Badminton Court
- Golf – Subang Jaya is just so popular for golf. Head out to the Subang National Golf Club, the Saujana Golf & Country Club and Glenmarie Golf & Country Club.
- Shopping – Check out Subang Parade, Sunway Pyramid, Empire Subang, and Da-Men, among the many others.
Foods around Subang Jaya
You can find all types of foods around Subang Jaya. Check out names like:
- Jibby Chow
- South Sea Seafood
- Yap Keat Bak Kut Teh
- Asia Cafe
- Uncle Don
- Meena Curry House
- Pelita Nasi Kandar
- Nasi Lemak USJ 11
- and many others
Background of Subang Jaya
Subang Jaya or more fondly known as SJ is considered an integrated township developed by Sime UEP Bhd. Once an oil palm plantation, the area transformed into a thriving residential township in late 1980s after 14 years of development. Realizing the area’s potential to be transformed into a bustling township, Sime UEP planned construction work for a twin township known as USJ.
Famous for housing international private institutions
The number of higher learning institutions and other facilities such as commercial and business districts increased tremendously in the last couple of years to cater to the ever increasing number of residents. In fact, Subang Jaya is a well-known township among students for many flocked to the area since a number of tertiary institutions such as Taylor’s University, Cilantro Culinary Academy, SEGi College and INTI College are located in SS15.
Attractions around Subang Jaya
In terms of attraction, the town’s best commodity is none other than the water amusement park featuring tons of thrilling roller coasters and wild slides at Sunway Lagoon. Besides that, other attractions catered to specific target groups are such as water theme-park Mines Wonderland and public golf club Kinrara Golf Resort specifically for golf enthusiasts.
If you happen to be in SJ, check out the country’s premier theme park in Sunway especially the largest man-made surf beach in the world and all-new Extreme Park only for the brave one. After the sun sets late in the evening, head over to the Mines Wonderland Night Theme Park. You’ll definitely enjoy the night scene getting up-close with the White Bengal Tiger.